Monday, August 13, 2007

No Answer

You picked up a phone to dial
To give my number a trial
An answer you did not find
Perhaps it came while we dined
You might try in awhile
Or leave a memo in my file

By the way, if you are in sales
I am one of those males
On the nasty and brutish list
Calling me gets you dissed
And selling me always fails

But if you are my friend
You can be sure I will bend,
Hearing what you have to say
And return as soon as I may
A reply to answer and send

If you are one of our daughters
Mom’s not here though you sought her
But she will soon reply
She always hears your cry
Just as you both have taught her

So you know the dang drill
With the tone give your spill
With your tongue speak clearly
We want to hear you dearly
So make it a good mo-dill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome, dad! are you going to put it on the answering machine :)??